Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Forign tech investors

I have been reading the articles that show up on the S.A.R.T.A. website. For those who are not familiar, this is the Sacramento Area Regional Technology Alliance. The big draw for me is the links to articles that give me a heads up on what is going on with the tech companies in the greater Sacramento area.

This is really helpful for me right now as I am looking for a job in the tech industry as an Electronic Engineering Technologist. Again, for those who don't know what that is, an EET kinda like a hybrid class between an electronics engineer and an electronics tech. I have a bachelors degree accredited by the same group that accredits classical engineering programs (EAC of ABET) but from a different committee within the group (TAC of ABET). Basically the focus is less on the theoretical and more on practical applications.

What I am noticing from a few of the articles is that there is a trend in local companies being bought by foreign investors. From this article we see that Solar Power Inc. is in the process of being bought out by a Chinese company, and from this article we see that Renesas, aka N.E.C., has sold it's manufacturing plant to a German company. Also it might be of interest to mention SMA, which is a German solar energy company that has its USA branch office in the local region.

I hope that all this foreign money turns into a nice healthy job market for me. I can't really see any downsides from this in the near future. It may be of note to mention that all this is happening in Roseville. Is Roseville going to be an important player in a future world, high tech, economy? All this may mean something important, but it would take someone with business experience to draw any meaningful conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment